Sec. 120.115, Wis. Stats., states that within 10 days of any change to a district's debt service repayment schedule, a new debt service schedule must be submitted to DPI.
School districts must report long term debt amortization schedules via the School Finance Team reporting portal. Districts must enter expected future principal and interest payments for each individual long term debt issue.
To obtain instructions for entering district debt information click on the "Instructions For Entering Long Term Debt Into SAFR" link below. To proceed to the portal to begin entering long term debt amortization schedules click the School Finance Reporting Portal. The link to the reporting portal is located on the School Financial Services home page.
- Instructions For Entering Long Term Debt Into SAFR
- Teach Loan Information
- $1,000,000 Authority Limit
2015 WASBO Accounting Conference Presentation
- Debt Financing Options for Wisconsin School Districts with Corresponding Accounting Entries and Reporting Requirements
District Long-Term Debt Calculation (percent of legal limit)
- June 30, 2014 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2013 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2012 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2011 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2010 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2009 Debt Balances
- June 30, 2008 Debt Balances