Reporting the Upcoming Referendum and Results of a Referendum to DPI
Notification to DPI of upcoming referendum elections is performed via the Internet through the DPI School Finance Reporting Portal. The district's ID and password is required and the security access required is only for authorized users of the PI-1505 Annual Report.
To notify the DPI of an upcoming referendum or its results:
- Select your district on the next page
- Click on "Financial Data Home"
- Click on "Referenda"
- Click on "Add a New Referendum" to report an upcoming election. This will require your district ID and password.
- For Recurring Referenda, Non-Recurring Referenda and Referenda for Debt Issue, send a copy of the signed initial resolution and referendum question for the upcoming public election to Carey.Bradley@dpi.wi.gov. DPI will forward the referendum question to the Government Accountability Board (GAB) so they may enter it into the Statewide Voter Registration System (SVRS). Copies of Resolutions for Revenue Limit Exemptions for Energy Efficiencies are not sent to DPI, but are still entered in the Reporting Portal.
- To modify a previously reported referendum click on the "Referendum ID". This will also require your district ID and password.
- Click on "Custom Referenda Reports" to generate reports