Reporting the upcoming referendum and results of a referendum to DPI: Notification to DPI of upcoming referendum elections is performed via the internet through the DPI School Finance Reporting Portal. The district's ID and password is required. Reporting Requirements and sample entries into the School Finance Reporting Portal can be DPI can be found at: Instructions for Reporting Referenda and Results to DPI
To notify the DPI of an upcoming referendum or its results, go to the School Finance Reporting Portal.
- Select your district on the next page
- Click on "Financial Data Home"
- Click on "Referenda"
- Click on "Add a New Referendum" to report an upcoming election. This will require your district ID and password.
- For Recurring Referenda, Non-Recurring Referenda and Referenda for Debt Issue, send a copy of the Initial Resolution for the upcoming public election to email@example.com. Copies of Resolutions for Revenue Limit Exemptions for Energy Efficiencies are not sent to DPI, but are still entered in the Reporting Portal.
- To modify a previously reported referendum click on the "Referendum ID". This will also require your district ID and password.
- Click on "Custom Referenda Reports" to generate reports