School districts, CESAs, CCDEBs, and non-district (2r) charter schools report their special education expenses to DPI with two reports: the PI-1504-SE budget report details proposed expenses for the current school year, and the PI-1505-SE annual report details actual expenses for the previous school year. Only fund 27 special education expenses (with a few limited exceptions, see instructions for details) are included. These reports are used to determine the amount of state special education categorical aid.
- Instructions for Completing the Special Education Budget and Annual Report
- Frequently Asked Questions for Completing the Special Education Budget and Annual Reports
- PI-1505-SE Edit Resolution
- GPO and GPI Corrections Powerpoint
- Printing the Special Education Annual and Budget Financial Data Reports
- Act 221 Addendum Worksheets
2r Charter Schools
2r charter schools report their special education costs through the online 1504/1505-SE portal (first link below) to claim categorical aid. For 2013-14 aid on 2012-13 costs, we are requiring the Licensing and Cost Worksheet (second link below, formerly the PI-1505-SE-2r) be submitted as well in order to validate the new special education audit program for 2r charters.
- 2r Charter Access to Online PI-1504/1505-SE Special Education Budget and Annual Reports (secure access, login required)
- **NEW** 2r and Non-Instrumentality Charter Licensing and Cost Worksheet
- Instructions for 2r Charter Access to Special Education Reports
- 2r Charter WUFAR account coding segments
- Coding Costs to 2r Charter Online PI-1505-SE presentation
Non-Instrumentality Charter Schools
Non-instrumentality charter schools have special education expenses reported by their contracting districts. An Excel claim form is available for these schools to use in developing their expense submissions to districts: