The following tutorials, written and produced by the Finance Team provide basic information and instruction about various topics.
Each tutorial is less than 6 minutes in length, and special software should not be needed to play them. The length of the tutorial is listed after the name in minutes and seconds. Simply click on the links below to run each tutorial. Please contact Debra Brown at 608-267-9209, or email at Debra.Brown@dpi.wi.gov, with questions or comments.
Pupil Count Tutorials:
The Pupil Count tutorials provide instructions on how to access and complete the PI-1563 Pupil Count on-line Report using the PI-1563 Pupil Count Workbook found under "Membership Report" on the left-hand scan bar of the School Financial Services Home Page.
- Count Students for Finance Team
- Pupil Count Workbook Navigation - 3:00 (currently unavailable)
- Pupil Count Part 1 - Head Count - 3:59 (currently unavailable)
- Pupil Count Part 2 - Non Resident Reductions - 3:12 (currently unavailable)
- Pupil Count Part 3 - Resident Reductions - 3:51 (currently unavailable)
- Pupil Count Part 4 - Resident Additions - 3:09 (currently unavailable)
- Pupil Count Part 5 - Miscellaneous Information - 2:44 (currently unavailable)
- Pupil Count PI-1563 On-line Report - Basic Navigation - 3:28 (currently unavailable)
The SAFR tutorials provide instruction on how to access, navigate, and complete the on-line PI 1504 Budget and PI 1505 Annual reports. Additional tutorials that identify and correct the most common errors in the reports as well as explain the SAFR preparation workbook are also provided. The SAFR preparation workbook can be found on this page as well as under "School Aids Financial Reporting - SAFR" on the School Financial Services Home Page.
- Basic Navigation - 3:44
- Using the Workbooks - 2:45
- Loading a File - 1:42
- Loading Data Manually - 2:26
- Correcting Fund Transfer Errors - 2:53
- Journal Entries - 3:28
- Correcting Longterm Debt Errors - 2:32
- Correcting Beginning Balance Errors - 3:57
- Aid Reconciliation Errors - 4:15
Tutorial covering Group and Foster Home:
The Group and Foster Home tutorial provides instructions on how to access and complete the PI-1589 Group and Foster Home FTE Log. Information regarding Group and Foster Home membership adjustments can be found under "Group and Foster" on the left-hand scan bar of the School Financial Services Home Page.