The Wisconsin Uniform Financial Accounting Requirements (WUFAR) manual presents a uniform financial and accounting structure for public elementary and secondary schools in the state of Wisconsin. It replaces the Wisconsin Elementary and Secondary School Accounting System (WESSAS) Handbook last updated in July, 1992.
The chart of accounts listing included in the WUFAR is effective as of July 1, 2002. The WUFAR word document has a table of contents with quick links set up so that you may quickly move through the document to a particular page. To access a page in the document press down the 'Ctrl' key and click on the page number identified in the table of contents. This will move you forward to that page without having to scroll through the entire document.
Summary of changes to October 15, 2014 updated WUFAR
- The WUFAR (Updated October 15, 2014)
- Allowable Account Classifications by Fund (Updated October 15, 2014) (Effective for 2014-15 fiscal year)
PDF Format for printing - (Updated October 15, 2014)
- Fund 27 Matrix
- Program / Project Dimension Summary
- Accounting Issues and Coding Examples (click to see detailed listing)
- Appendix A - Optional Local Dimensions (location/organization)
- Appendix B - (Updated October 15, 2014)