PI-5000 Transfer of Service On-line Application
What is Transfer of Service?
The Transfer of Service Exemption (Wis. Stat. 121.91(4)(a)) provides that a school district which assumes responsibility for a program or service from another governmental unit may request and be granted an exemption to the district revenue limit equal to the increased cost due to that program or service. If the service transferred is a student that requires Special Education or ESL services, the exemption will be reduced by the amount of categorical aid the district will receive the following year, as determined by DPI. If the previous governmental unit was another Wisconsin school district, that district's revenue limit may be reduced by an amount equal to their reduction in cost as a result of that transfer out.
Important Due Dates for Transfer of Service
- Aug 30 - Part A Documentation
- Aug 30 - Part B Verification
- Aug 30 - Part C TOS Revenue Limit Request (Summary)
In-state, out-of-state, and other government requests will need to be submitted on-line by the due date. Forms must be completed on-line with all appropriate verifications where required. The application is considered complete when Part C (Summary) is submitted. Amendments can be made at any time up to the due date.
There is a separate TOS form available for special education students and for limited English proficient students. Basic guidelines and an on-line tutorial are available by clicking on a link below.
Districts can view any district's Transfer of Service contact information from the Transfer of Service Portal by clicking on the green "Contacts" tab in the row of six tabs, located below the bar on the screen. Contact Bruce Anderson by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (608) 267-9707 or Karen Kucharz by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (608) 266-3464, should you have questions.
- Instructions for using the on-line application.(NEW June 5, 2013)
- Transfer of Service General Information - Basic Guidelines
Transfer of Service Logs
- Request Log for both the 2013-2014 Revenue Limit and the 2014-2015 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2012-2013 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2011-2012 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2010-2011 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2009-2010 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2008-2009 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2007-2008 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2006-2007 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2005-2006 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2004-2005 Revenue Limit - Final
- Request Log for 2003-2004 Revenue Limit - Final
Transfers Resulting from the Dissolution of a CCDEB
- Paper Application – Only applies for transfers resulting from the dissolution of a CCDEB
- Memo: Racine CCDEB Dissolution Issues - July 22, 2004
- Racine CCDEB Transfer of Services Request Form
- Walworth CCDEB Transfer of Services Request Form
If you have any questions regarding transfer of service contact Bruce Anderson, Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at: (608) 267-9707 or Karen Kucharz, Consultant, email@example.com or by telephone at (608) 266-3464.